Attention and Attention:
We at The Short Form have recently come into possession of some books which are too good not to share. Hunter Kennedy, whom you might've seen around these parts, has sent our way three copies of Frank Stanford's wild and beautiful story collection, Conditions Uncertain and Likely to Pass Away. And we also have a copy of The Minus Times Collected signed by three of its authors: Hunter Kennedy, Sam Lipsyte, and Jeffrey Rotter, whose stories from the same book we have recommended in the past (and below).
Now to just hand these over to our readers, we will not. This is America, up by the bootstraps and all that. So we invite you, gentle reader, to enter our first ever short short story contest!*
We will select three finalists to feature on an upcoming week. The selected authors will all receive a copy of Frank Stanford's book. And then Mr. Kennedy will select the grand prize ultimate winner numero uno, whose story will be affixed with a computer rendering of a gold star, and who will also receive The Minus Times Collected, signed.
The guidelines are as follows:
- 1. Up to two entries per person
- 2. Story must be no longer than 500 words
- 3. The subject must be anything you want
- 4. Preferably English
- 5. Send all stories as word document attachment to email@example.com with the subject line “Short Story Contest.” Put your contact information in the email and not in the attachment.
- 6. Entries must be received by March 31st, 2013.
Thank you and we look forward to your submissions.
*Margie and plant not included.